You can delete colleges from your account by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and clicking on the Delete School button. DecidED will ask you, “Are you sure you want to delete this school?”
- If you click on Cancel, it will cancel the deletion and return you to your dashboard.
- If you click on Delete, the school will be deleted from your account.
- If you delete a school by accident, you can search for the school and add it back to your profile. If you have already added an award letter for that school you won’t lose that information and will see it again when you add the school back in.
Entering a Group Code from an advisor will link a student’s account to their advisor’s DecidED account. Advisors who want to follow their student’s college choices and award letter results can add students to their organization by sending them an email invitation or by giving students a group code. It is up to the student if they want to share that information with their advisor. When a student adds an advisor’s Group Code to their profile, their advisor will see all the same information for each school that the student sees in their dashboard – college costs, affordability, aid received, and college fit information like graduation rate, diversity, and campus type.
You can update and edit your profile within your DecidED account. First, you need to sign in to your account. Then go to the top right corner of your student dashboard and click on the square with your initials.
- Select “edit” for the section you wish to update.
- You can update account information such as your name, phone number, email, and organizations you are sharing with.
- You can also update profile informations such as your GPA, SAT/ACT, zip code, and ethnicity.
DecidED doesn’t require a saved password. You will get a new login code every time you go to access your account by entering your email or cell phone number on the sign in screen.
DecidED is different from other college search tools out there because we know that individual factors like your ethnicity play a role in your college outcomes. How do we know this? The data tells us so! When you include your ethnicity in your DecidED profile, DecidED is able to give you information about the graduation rate and diversity on campus for the colleges that you add. For example, if you select “Black or African American” on the profile dropdown menu, you’ll see the graduation rate specifically for Black or African American students for each college that you add to your account.