You can delete colleges from your account by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and clicking on the Delete School button. DecidED will ask you, “Are you sure you want to delete this school?”
- If you click on Cancel, it will cancel the deletion and return you to your dashboard.
- If you click on Delete, the school will be deleted from your account.
- If you delete a school by accident, you can search for the school and add it back to your profile. If you have already added an award letter for that school you won’t lose that information and will see it again when you add the school back in.
- Colleges will send out your award letters in one of three ways, so keep a lookout for them. DecidED works best with award letter images from your College Portal or Email because the tool can only read image files (JPEG, PNG.).
- COLLEGE PORTAL
- You can find your financial aid award by logging onto the college’s online portal. You will need to do this for each college you are expecting to receive an award letter from.
- YOUR EMAIL
- You can search your email for “[School Name] + financial award.”
- YOUR MAILBOX
- You may also get a paper copy of your award in the mail, so be sure to check. You can take pictures of your paper award letters and submit them to DecidED from your phone..
Still having trouble finding your award? Checkout our guide on Finding your financial aid award!
The Program Code is what will link your account to your Advisor’s DecidED account, if they have one. Your advisor will give you this code if they are asking to view your college choices and award letter results. It is up to you if you want to share that information with them. By entering the Program Code they will see all the same information that you see in your dashboard for each school – college costs, affordability, aid received, and college fit information like graduation rate, diversity, and campus type.
We know that lesson plans can be an incredibly helpful tool so we are working on it! Stay tuned for updates about our curriculum in 2021!
No, Advisors cannot edit a student’s account.
You can only see your student’s DecidED information if they opt-in by adding your program code to their DecidED account. From there, you can only view the same information that your students can see regarding their college searches, award letter analysis, and affordability..
You can update and edit your profile within your DecidED account. First, you need to sign in to your account. Then go to the top right corner of your student dashboard and click on the square with your initials.
- Select “edit” for the section you wish to update.
- You can update Account Info like your name, phone number, email, and Program Code.
- You can also update Profile Info like your GPA, SAT/ACT, Zip Code, and Ethnicity.
DecidED doesn’t require a saved password. You will get a new login code every time you go to access your account by entering your email or cell phone number on the sign in screen.
DecidED is different from other college search tools out there because we know that individual factors like your ethnicity play a role in your college outcomes. How do we know this? The data tells us so! When you include your ethnicity in your DecidED profile, DecidED is able to give you information about the Graduation Rate and diversity on campus for the colleges that you add. For example, if you select Black or African American, you’ll see the Graduation Rate specifically for Black or African American students for each college that you add to your account.